Wednesday, March 4, 2009

dinette signage

teri piecing together the signage "cheat sheet."


using the cheat sheet as a guide, i apply several coats of paint over the course of a week.

teri (with the help of hel) comes in the following weekend and does some detail clean-up.


teri (right) in detailing mode, hel (left) in quality control mode.

as a way to save money, teri and i thought we would paint the dinette signage ourselves. the result is a bit michel gondry a la "be kind rewind" so, needless to say, i like it!

4 comments:

Brooke said...

What a wonderful way to keep excited diners like me up to date with construction!

I'm in the restaurant business so I thoroughly appreciate the fact that you're taking time out of your already ridiculous schedule to keep people up to date with construction and the steps to opening your door. I don't think most people realize just how much hard work it takes to open a restaurant. It's good to see you showing each of the wonderful, time consuming steps of creating the dining experience of your dreams. Congratulations and good luck.
Yours in restaurants,
Brooke

Unknown said...

Hi,

I'm a local documentary filmmaker starting a website about LA restaurants, and I was curious if you were interested in me making a short video about opening the restaurant. As Brooke says, most people don't know the hard work it takes! If you're interested give me a holler at rfox@me.com.


Thanks,

Rich

Amy H said...

Another local who can not wait for you to open!

Are you guys planning on doing breakfast/ brunch?

good girl dinette said...

thanks for your well wishes, amy and brooke!

amy, to answer your question, the dinette will be open for dinner during the weeknights (6 pm - 10 pm), and lunch and dinner during the weekends (11 am - 10 pm).